Terms and Conditions
Acknowledgement of Risks, Injury, Obligations and Liability Release:
- I acknowledge that participating in any activity or using any equipment in Yaralla Fitness Centre’s is entirely at my own risk. I acknowledge that whilst participating in such activity I may be injured or other persons participating in such activity may cause me injury. I agree that Yaralla Fitness Centre’s, Yaralla Sports Club inc., employees and their servants or agents shall not be liable for any death or personal injury occurring to myself upon any Club premises or as a result of the use of facilities and/or equipment provided by Yaralla, except to the extent that such death or personal injury arises from the gross negligence of Yaralla.
- I understand and acknowledge that Yaralla purchases or leases the equipment from a third party and therefore does not manufacture any of the fitness or other equipment used in the Clubs. Yaralla cannot be held liable for defective products or equipment, except to the extent to which the law holds them liable. In the provision of services, other than recreational services, Yaralla will use due care and skill and any materials supplied in the connection with those services will be reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are supplied.
- I acknowledge that my personal property may be lost or damaged and agree that Yaralla and employees are not liable to me for any personal property that is damaged, lost, or stolen while in or around the Clubs, including, but not limited to property left in lockers, except where caused by the gross negligence of Yaralla.
- If I cause damage, vandalise or steal to/from the Fitness Centre’s, its facilities, services, products or equipment by my own wilful act and/or negligence, I am liable to Yaralla for its cost of repair or replacement, CCTV can be used as evidence for tracking purposes.
- Appropriate covered footwear & Active wear Clothing must be worn e.g. work boots & Hi-Vis uniforms are not permitted. Towels must be used at all times whilst in the Fitness Centre’s. All weights must be put back after use & gym bags must not be left in the gym area. Membership card must be presented before entry in to the gym, no Card, no entry.
- Management reserves the right to terminate any membership agreement if the member does not comply with the terms & conditions of the membership.
24 Hour Gym Access:
- 24 hour access is permitted for 16 years and over only. 12-15 years olds have access to gyms between the hours of 5am and 8pm only, accompanied by a parent and/or guardian.
- Membership card is for my personal use only. I understand that this membership is strictly mine and cannot be used by other persons, any misuse of the card can cause immediate suspension of my membership; this includes allowing other people entry into the gym.
- As a 24 hour gym, I am aware that during non-staffed hours there will be no supervision or assistance in the case of injury to myself, become unconscious; suffer a stroke or heart attack. I understand that there may likely be no one to respond to this emergency and this facility has no duty to provide this assistance to me. Even though our facilities are equipped with surveillance cameras and panic response system, it is likely that should I require immediate assistance, none will be provided. Yaralla Fitness highly recommends that I have a workout partner accompany me while at the club, but I understand this is my choice.
Direct Debit Memberships:
- Direct Debit Memberships are an automatic weekly payment from a bank account or credit card. This membership is an on-going membership & deductions will be maintained unless the member provides authorisation to cancel the direct debit. Defaulting on payment of membership fees may result in me being denied access to the club.
- A joining fee of $99 applies to all new direct debit members. The joining fee entitles the member to renew or restart that membership within a 12 month period following the expiration of their membership.
Suspensions & Cancellations:
- Members have the right to cancel a membership within a 48 hour cooling off period by written request – money will be refunded less a 10% administration fee and any costs incurred.
- The member may cancel a direct debit membership after the minimum term of 12 weeks.
- There is a cancelation notice of one month that must be given in writing.
- A direct debit membership may be suspended for a minimum term of one month and a maximum term of three months. A member must specify a start and finish date. Members must give one month’s written notice for immediate suspension.
- Suspension is allowed for term memberships on presentation of a medical certificate only and is at the discretion of Management.
- Cancellations for term memberships are also valid on a permanent disability or sickness which is verified by a medical practitioner. Memberships are transferable for a $99 sign on/admin fee but are non-refundable.
Right of Exclusion:
We can refuse entry to the Fitness Centre’s, cancel your membership and/or terminate the Contract without warning or notice for inappropriate threatening or harassing behaviour, damaging equipment or facilities or use of illegal or performance enhancing drugs in the Fitness Centre’s.
Disclosure of your Physical Condition:
You further warrant and represent that you will not use the Fitness Business or any of our facilities, services or products whilst you are suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst you are suffering from any physical ailment such as open cuts or sores or minor infections where there is a risk, however small, to other members and guests.
Photo Release & CCTV:
I consent to Yaralla Fitness Centre using or reproducing photographs for the purposes of advertising, media publicity, publication, web display, general display or any other purpose in whole or in part. I waive any interest in the copyright to the photograph(s) now or at any future time and do not expect to receive any payment or consideration in respect of them. I grant release to Yaralla Fitness Centre, its employees and agents from any liability (including consequential loss) connected with the publication, reproduction, release or other use of these materials. I understand the Club is under 24 hour surveillance for security purposes only and hold no privacy claims against Yaralla Fitness Centre
Terms & Conditions for Lifestyle Membership:
Benefits associated with the Lifestyle Membership are only for the owner of the card and may not be transferred. Lifestyle Membership holders are entitled to unlimited use of the following facilities as described below:
- Golf Clubs: Membership holders must present their identification card and swipe card for verification before playing golf. All players must report to the Pro Shop before teeing off and sign in. All Lifestyle Members must obey the Golf Club rules.
- Gladstone Cinemas: Lifestyle members are required to come to the designated register at the Candy bar and swipe their Lifestyle card where they will be presented with a movie ticket which must be presented to the usher before entering. These tickets do not include any special events, Movie Premieres, Movie Marathons, Film Festivals or Gold Room passes.
- Fitness Centre Membership: All members must swipe their membership card when entering any Fitness centre. Access will be denied without identification card. Membership covers gym, aerobics, change-rooms etc however does not include child-minding services and personal training or programming.
- Gladstone Aquatic Centre: Lifestyle members must present their identification card and swipe card for verification before entering the facility; Follow all directions of staff and signage.
- Gladstone Tennis & Squash: Lifestyle members must present their identification card and swipe card for verification before entering the facility; Follow all directions of staff and signage.
Responsibility for Damage: You are solely responsible for any damage which you may cause to the gym, its facilities, services, products or equipment, if such damage is caused by your wilful act and/or negligence.
24 Hour Gym Access Agreement
I have agreed to purchase a membership at a facility that allows me access at any time. As such, I am aware that during unstaffed hours there will be nor supervision or assistance. I am also aware that if I am I am injured, become unconscious, suffer a stroke or heart attack, that there will likely be no one to respond to this emergency and this facility has no duty to provide this assistance to me.
Even although this facility is equipped with surveillance cameras and a panic response system, it is likely that should I require immediate assistance, none will be provided. Yaralla highly recommends that I have a workout partner to accompany me while at the club, but I understand that this is my choice. I understand that the club is under 24 hour surveillance for security purposes only and hold no privacy claims against Yaralla. I agree not to damage, vandalise or steal any equipment and understand that CCTV can be used as evidence for tracking purposes.
I understand that my membership is strictly mine and cannot be used by anyone else. Defaulting on payment of membership fees may result in my being denied access to the club. I understand that if I bring non-members into the gym during non- staffed hours I may have my membership suspended.
By affixing my signature to this document I understand and agree that I am legally bound by its contents.